I enjoyed exploring some blogs this week. I liked the Principal who was able to use it as a recap of staff meetings…what a great way for staff to be able to ‘remember’ what happened or get caught up if they missed out. I also really liked the Journey blog. I liked the layout of it and the way that she suggested new ideas.
1. http://www.magnoliaisd.org/education/components/board/default.php?sectiondetailid=1012& I found a blog by a 1st Grade teacher who uses blogging with her class. All the students use fake/fun names to protect their identities and the teacher expects more from them as their spelling/typing skills develop. The teacher even skyped a class in Germany and they all blog each other after their meeting! Very cool.
2. http://timothymckean.com/ The author of this blog happens to be my brother-in-law…but I really like reading his blog because he finds online resources and will discuss his opinions of them. He teaches a lot of video production so there are some great tips and ideas for that also.
I would like to learn more about how to develop an effective blog. One that is organized and user-friendly. Not cluttered, like some that I have seen. I also would like to find my ‘blog muse’. My inspiration for blogging. I’ve been throwing around ideas for the name of my blog…considering FLUFF or STUFF. I’ll reveal what that stands for later! Ha!
I'm glad you're thinking ahead and looking for your muse. It's too often that we see blogs with little purpose. You might want to think also about how often you would like to update your blog. Keeping up with a blog is easy in theory, but more difficult in practice. Be realistic with your aspirations, and you won't be disappointed.
ReplyDelete